Tombol HillWhile I'm surfing the Internet some months ago for information about Rosario, Batangas, I came across a listing of Inactive Volcanoes published by the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology under the Deparment of Science and Technology.
Surprisingly, Tombol Hill was included in this list with the following description:
Name of Volcano
Tombol Hill is in Rosario, Batangas, Philippines. The Municipal Hall happens to be located at its foot, just like several other institutions built around the southern and western side of the of the hill. These include the following among others:
- The Haven - a center under the Department of Social Welfare and Development - providing care and rehabilitation to women 18 to 59 years old who are victims of abuse, armed conflict, illegal recruitment, and involuntary prostitution.
- Municipal Office for Agricultural Services
- Digital Telecommunications (Digitel) Philippines
- Jose P. Laurel Rural Bank (JPLRB)
- Padre Vicente Garcia Memorial Academy (PVGMA)
- Philippine Independent Church or Iglesia Filipina Independiente (Aglipayan)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints or the Mormon Church
- Rosario Bible Christian Church
- Sto. Niño Formation and Science School (SNFSS)
- View from atop Tombol Hill overlooking the Poblacion
- Tombol Hill photo taken from the south eastern side
- Brief History of Rosario, Batangas
- Rosario Batangas Philippines Website
Next in The Rosario Batangas
Next post will be about companies listed in the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) with offices or operating in Rosario Batangas.